Tuesday, October 8, 2024

The NY Jets Fire Robert Saleh: My Thoughts

 

Photo Credit: Vincent Carchietta/USA Today Sports.



The New York Jets fired Robert Saleh after a 2-3 start and a 20-36 record in three and a half seasons.

Prior to be hired by the Jets in 2021, he was viewed as a coveted coaching candidate, seeing the job he did with 49ers defense when he was defensive coordinator there, and the way players, current and former, spoke highly of him.

The thing is, coaching one side of the ball is one thing, coaching an entire football team is a totally different story.

Personally, I think he should've been fired after last season. During his tenure, you could see that he was in over his head--I noticed it after his second season. By the start of this season, I completely lost confidence in him.

I'm a proponent for giving people a chance, and I was hoping to see improvement--just like players can grow and develop, so can coaches--but I saw no signs of improvement. Now, I'm not celebratory of the man losing his job, but he had to go.

The team looked like it was headed toward the same crash course as in previous years, and I watched time and time and time again where he failed to make adjustments.

Who's in line to take the interim job? My thinking is (offensive coordinator) Nathaniel Hackett--who hasn't been any better--since he and Aaron Rodgers seem to be buddy-buddy, but we'll see.

As for Saleh, from went I've seen so far, he's a very good defensive coordinator who I wouldn't mind coaching my defense, but not my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The NY Jets Fire Robert Saleh: My Thoughts

  Photo Credit: Vincent Carchietta/USA Today Sports. The New York Jets fired Robert Saleh after a 2-3 start and a 20-36 record in three and ...