Thursday, April 4, 2019

New York Fashion: Gang Green Unveil Their New Uniforms

Photo courtesy of newyorkjets.com

After the supposedly leaked picture the other day, the New York Jets officially unveil their new uniforms, which moved me to write this impromptu blog. Of course, everyone is a critic; there are jabs being taken by some for the design, most notable for me was Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier, who in a tweet referred to them as "trash," and saying they look like the high school uniforms in Road to Glory.

While I thought it was funny-- kind of-- I don't totally agree. They don't look half-bad to me. Granted, nothing to write home about, but I definitely don't think they're "trash," either. To sum it up, to me, they look like an upgraded version of the early 90s uniforms during the Bruce Coslet era.

The previous uniform grew on me; granted, those weren't fashion runway worthy either, but they just seem to fit them. Then again, perhaps it was time for a change, I mean, four losing seasons in the last five years. Perhaps a change in uniform along with a change of locker room culture will lead to not only a winning team, but a winning culture (i.e. a dynasty).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking Flight, Part Two: Grading the Rest of the NY Jets Draft Picks

   Malachi Corley. Photo Credit: James Black/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images . Blogger's Note: Normally, I have my Jets draft analysis...