Sunday, October 13, 2019

How Sweet It Is!

Sam Darnold. Photo Credit: Adam Hunger/AP.

Yesterday afternoon, the Jets defeated the Dallas Cowboys 24-22 to get their first victory of the season and under the era of Adam Gase. Aside from the Patriots, I couldn't think of a better team for them to get their first victory against than the Dallas Cowboys. I can't stand those scumbags; particularly Jerry Jones and Dak Prescott. My reasons are non-football related, so I won't discuss that here. Besides, I already wrote a post concerning that matter last year. I hate them more than I hate the Patriots.

Personally, I think they should be 2-3; they had no business losing to the Bills on Week One, but what's done is done, no use looking back. Moving forward, it was great for them to get Sam Darnold back, who missed the last three games due to mononucleosis. He threw for 338 yards and two touchdowns, including a 92-yard bomb to wide receiver Robby Anderson.

Speaking of which, those last three games which started with Trevor Siemian, who is now out for the season, and finished with Luke Falk-- who was recently released-- at the helm was god awful, and hopefully, those days are behind them.

On a side note, I was tied up with other things, plus I don't rock with the NFL too much anymore outside of perhaps watching play-by-play online, but I had no idea the game was on TV until I turned it on for a few moments to see the final seconds before turning it off again. Those few moments were great to see. No, it wasn't a Super Bowl victory-- it's not that deep-- but it has definitely made my week, so far.

Now the question is, where do they go from here? Personally, I don't see why they can't bounce back from an ugly start. Throughout league history, there have been teams who came out of the gate slow and had a strong finish. Case in point: the New York Jets. In 2002, under Herman Edwards, they started off 1-4 and finished 9-7 to win the AFC East Division and advanced past the AFC Wild Card round. It's a long season. We'll see what happens.

Prior to the game, I thought to myself how sweet it would be for them to get their first win against the Cowboys, not only for the reason I alluded to above, but because they desperately needed it. How sweet it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Taking Flight, Part Two: Grading the Rest of the NY Jets Draft Picks

   Malachi Corley. Photo Credit: James Black/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images . Blogger's Note: Normally, I have my Jets draft analysis...